Helpline Information Officer - Flexible Working Available
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Helpline Information Officer to join our clients Stroke Helpline team in their Bromsgrove office.
Position: Helpline Information Officer
Hours: 35 hours per week (there is also a 21 hours per week permanent role available)
Salary: circa £26,000 per annum
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 9 June 2019
Interview Dates: 27 June 2019 and 28 June 2019
Based in Bromsgrove and reporting to one of two stroke helpline managers, the Helpline Information Officer will:
- Provide information and support to people affected by stroke. This includes stroke survivors and their families, carers, professionals and members of the general public who make enquiries by telephone, letter and email.
- Work closely with the Stroke Helpline team to deliver the national stroke helpline and with colleagues across the organisation to deliver our corporate strategy.
The current helpline opening hours are 9am-5pm Monday, Thursday and Friday, 8am - 6pm Tuesday and Wednesday and 10am-1pm Saturdays. They operate a shift pattern to cover these hours.
The Helpline Information Officer will:
- Have experience of working on a public-facing helpline or information provision setting.
- Have demonstrable experience of providing high quality support and information to others, both verbally and in writing.
- Have excellent listening skills and the ability to provide empathy and deal with callers who may be distressed or angry while remaining emotionally resilient.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team, sharing information, knowledge and insight to ensure delivery of a high quality service that supports their position as the leading UK stroke charity.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also be interested in this role if you have worked in areas such as Advice, Information, Helpline, Helpline Advisor, Information Officer, Call Handler, Advisor, Information Line.