Senior Support Worker - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
An exciting opportunity for a pro-active Senior Support Worker / Team Leader to join an evolving care company.
Our client is a value based organisation, committed to putting the people they support in control of their lives. They focus on enablement and maximising independence to work with people who use their support be co-producers of their own goals and outcomes.
Position: Senior Support Worker / Team Leader
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
Salary: £19614 per annum £9.43 per hour
Benefits: Full induction process, outstanding training opportunities, development and career progression, opportunities to gain recognised qualifications, free DBS screening, flexible working
The role also offers flexibility and rewards, as well as innovative ways of working to fit your lifestyle.
About the Role of Senior Support Worker / Team Leader
The role of the Team Leader is an opportunity for a pro-active Team Leader to join an evolving Care Company. The Team Leader will provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower their team in supporting Service Users to achieve their goals and aspirations.
As Team Leader your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate positive, proactive and organised people skills, that will support and develop the skills of the Support Workers.
- Take the lead to help Support Workers understand their responsibilities and by doing so ensure that safe, effective, caring, responsive and well lead support and care is delivered at all times.
- You will be able to liaise professionally with all outside professional agencies, and ensure that all information is shared appropriately.
- Ensure that all Service Users have person centred support/care plans.
- Empower the service users to be actively involved in their own goal setting.
- You will design, develop and maintain excellent service user records.
- Working in a supportive manner that empowers the service user to live their life in their chosen manner.
- To fully understand and ensure your team understand, the principles of 'safeguarding vulnerable adults'.
- You will advocate for and protect the best interests of the individuals within the boundaries of the Mental Capacity Act.
We are looking for a dedicated and empathic person. You will have experience within a similar role, a level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in health and social care would be desirable.
Due to the nature of the role a full driving license is essential.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.