Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
1 day left
- Contract Type
25122734001, Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
Come and work on the Transpennine Route Upgrade Project
Amey Consulting, as part of the Transpire Alliance, are working on delivering the high-profile Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) project which is a major programme of rail improvement that will have a real and lasting impact on people and communities in the North of England for generations to come: connecting towns and cities, improving journey times and supporting economic growth. TRU aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. The route covers 76 miles of track, 8 tunnels, 15 viaducts, 25 stations and 270 bridges. As a result of the long-term contract on TRU, Amey Consulting are looking to recruit across all of our Northern offices to support our design engineering team.
The right type of person to join our team would be:
- Driven to produce highly technical and intricate designs
- Dedicated to a high-profile, long-term project
- Customer-focused, giving attention to every detail ensuring client satisfaction
- Someone who values flexible working, ensuring a healthy work-life balance to suit every lifestyle
- Enthusiastic to be a part of a diverse team, learning and mentoring new things daily
We are looking to recruit an Civil Design Engineer, predominantly based in either Birmingham, IDH, York or Manchester but with the option for flexible working.
What would you do?
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the design process, network rail’s technical approvals process and engineering management
- Approve designs to ensure all contractual requirements have been satisfied to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards
- Communicate effectively with the client, attend client meetings and respond professionally to client feedback/DRNs
- Understand the interfaces between all railway disciplines and how these are managed
- Be able to recognise changes to the scope, that will affect cost and programme; and be able to quantify these changes, be aware of process for reporting the change to the project manager
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors and attend IDC meetings
- Ensure work is undertaken to programme and budget
- Have a working knowledge of BIM and be able to assist others in the use of BIM
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
- Appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
- Experienced using Microstation in 2D and 3D
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to Civil/Structural design
- Have knowledge of interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed About Amey
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees. We can also offer a flexible work week to suit a healthy work-life balance.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year, including cycle to work and interest-free season ticket loan. All employees are also able to participate in our community involvement day to volunteer and make a difference in their community.
As a multidisciplinary, design and build organisation you will have the opportunity to work closely alongside internal construction and test colleagues as well as other design disciplines.