25121482001, Assistant Environmentalist- Nationwide opportunities
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake a wide range of environmental and energy consultancy work in a variety of different sectors. The duties will include providing advice and guidance on environmental/energy management and suitable technological solutions.
What will this role involve?
Provide assistance to the senior environmentalist on best methods and practice to meet technical and project requirements Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate, brief junior environmental staff Liaise with clients on technical matters Assist on environmental aspects of projects including but not limited to EIA’s, ecological studies, energy use, environmental hazards Prepare in conjunction with the senior environmentalist reports to respond to the EA and Local Authorities regarding the PPG’s, scoping reports, planning submissions and permitting for projects Ensure compliance with Health and safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations Contribute with other professions in the Business Development process in producing information for PQQs and Tenders Monitor relevant technical aspects of quality plans Report variances and provide suggestions for corrective actions Provide input into project quality plans
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Environmental Science
- Graduate member of the IEMA or qualifications leading to membership
- Clean driving Licence
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management and co-ordination skills
- Able problem solving and technical realisation skills
- Sound knowledge of Building Regulations, Planning, Health and Safety, and other relevant legislation
- Proficient with AutoCAD (2004), NBS, and MS Office Suite. MS Project an advantage
- Experience as an Environmentalist including in EIAs, ecological and remediation studies, field work and environmental legislation
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in people-management
- Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic approach to people and projects
- Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications
- Forward thinking and interested in developing smart ways of working with teams to realise client and operational objectives
- Motivated and engaged
- Commercially aware
- Well organised
- IOSH managing safely
What makes this role unique?
The position is that of an environmental general practitioner role with potential opportunities to specialise in one or more of the following: Acoustics Air Quality Hydrology Geo-techinics Energy/Carbon Waste and recycling Ecology Planning BREEAM/EPC/DEC accreditation Contaminated land and remediation