Retail Product Manager
The successful candidate will be experienced in Retail and Omnichannel product, with an excellent level of knowledge from both a customer and business perspective, combined with a strong understanding of technology, systems and platforms needed to deliver the data-led strategy and roadmap to deliver a market leading experience. The candidate will work on the roadmaps for GVC brands for retail and omnichannel, in particular new product development in shops including Gantry, screens, EPOS.
The candidate will work closely with stakeholders and cross functional teams across retail and digital to develop requirements aligned to the strategy, overseeing product strategy, working closely with dev teams and ensuring business readiness of any new product release.
- Passion for product; in retail and mobile / web product features, UX/UI, development and innovation and managing business analysts, architects, design, UX teams to deliver against Retail and Omnichannel roadmaps.
- An ability to prioritise roadmaps based on key business drivers and competitor analysis is essential.
- Once the roadmap is defined, the candidate must show an ability to deliver product requirements to support that vision.
- A complete functional understanding of the systems and platforms required to facilitate the end to end customer experience.
- Close understanding of customer’s needs across GVC Retail and Omnichannel solutions.
- Develop business cases to demonstrate the benefits of the roadmap and measure subsequent level of success through predetermined KPIs.
- Keen ability to translate business needs into high-level stories/requirements for new to market features & drive incremental delivery of these features in conjunction with the wider delivery teams.
- Daily interaction with internal and external development partners to clarify development requirements and to drive development in an Agile environment.
- Daily interaction with the internal testing team to ensure features are delivered as expected. This will include user-acceptance testing of new developments.
- Regular Interaction with key business areas related to Retail and Omnichannel including marketing, content, data management, CRM and trading as new features and ideas impact on those areas. Alignment and stakeholder management is required for Sportsbook, Gaming, Marketing, CRM, Trading, Fraud, Finance & Research departments.
- Research, define, recommend and implement digital specific innovation across the customer experience.
- Seeking input from external and internal stakeholders and keeping abreast of industry and sector best practice.
- Ensure Programme and Technology management (and other relevant stakeholders) are kept well informed of the status of delivery and benefits realization.
- Awareness of regulatory environment and the associated impact on the product and customer experience.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure delivery processes are continuously evaluated and improved to drive optimal efficiency in order to deliver an industry leading Retail and Omnichannel product.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Degree or Masters in a business or technology discipline is essential
- Safe or Agile qualification preferred
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Complete Retail technical & functional understanding across all platforms - SSBT EPOS, FOBT.
- Expert in all the necessary systems required that form the Omnichannel solution.
- Complete Digital technical & functional understanding across all products, specifically sports, gaming & retail companion apps.
- Problem solving, technical knowledge for solutioning.
- Managing sprint teams in an Agile framework.
- Experience in defining business requirements in the context of software and application development from a customer viewpoint.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, Directors and Heads of Department.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scrum agile delivery methods
- Experience of working with UI/UX teams to produce high quality artefacts as part of the product delivery process
Must possess an understanding of sports betting customers, and their needs, wants and expectations. Previous experience in the Betting and Gaming industry essential.