LV Electrical Design Engineer
25124762001, LV Electrical Design Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To work as part of the Electrical Power design team to deliver projects.
What will this role involve?
- Actively contributing to site surveys
- Collating technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources (e.g. eB)
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the design process
- Ability to undertake design and assessment work for electrical and lighting installations
- Engaging in CDM/risk analyses Undertaking designs to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Preparing design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD Support the design team during design submissions
- Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- The work is office based but will include a considerable amount of site survey work. This will include carrying out site surveys for electrical and lighting purposes and undertaking night time inspections.
- This survey work may include overnight stays.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally having BEng/BSc or HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, or working towards such a qualification.
- Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Full UK driving licence
- Ideally trained in the 17th Edition of IET Wiring Regulations
- Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel Proficient in the use of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of Network Rail, British and European electrical and lighting Standards
- Good understanding of systems engineering including the Verification & Validation and SRAM processes
- Good understanding of CDM and CSM processes
- Good appreciation of project management processes and structures
- Demonstrates good commercial awareness
- Ideally two years’ experience in electrical design.
- Railway experience is not essential
- Competent with using electrical design software (e.g. Amtech, etap, etc.)
- Good team player
- Uses clear communication lines within the electrical design team
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of producing designs
What makes this role unique?
You will produce innovative and cost effective whole life cycle design solutions.