Rent & Service Charges Accountant
Access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday per year, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent pension scheme, and real investment in your personal & career development. Other benefits include: agile working, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance program, and non-contributory life assurance.
Closing date for completed applications: 31/5/19 – CVs to be considered on a case by case basis
Interview dates will be flexible depending on availability
The selection process will consist of a competency based interview; and verbal and numerical reasoning assessments.
The Finance department have an exciting role for an Accountant reporting on L&Q’s Rent and Service Charge income of £600m per annum and service charge expenditure of £70m per annum.
Responsibilities of the Rent & Service Charges Accountant include:
- Taking ownership of annual service charge expenditure budgets including monthly and quarterly forecasts.
- Assist in the production of annual budgets and monthly and quarterly forecasts for rents and service charge income.
- Analytical review of income through variance analysis and tracking handovers
- Ensure a smooth month end process and preparation of detailed monthly management accounts for service charges including commentary for budget holders
- Get involved in ad hoc projects
- Business partnering with various stakeholders including L&Q’s Director of Income, Estate Services and Building Services. This includes providing support to budget holders and challenging them on financial performance
- Fully understand existing processes within operational teams
- Review existing processes and identify areas for improvement and design solutions.
- Keep up to date on all rent legislation and assess if there are any risks or opportunities
The ideal candidate will have a CCAB qualification and have the following experience:
- Social housing rent and service charge experience or similar experience in the private sector
- Be experienced in month end processes including journal posting, reconciliations, reviewing accounts and providing commentary and action points
- Annual budgeting and rolling forecasts
- An ability to inspire, motivate and support the wider team
- Experience in being a pro-active business partner
- Confident communicator at all levels with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- Excellent computer and financial systems and analytical skills including advanced Excel and financial reporting tools
- Ability to intelligently analyze large volumes of complex data
L&Q is a dynamic organisation responding to regular change and business improvement. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a dynamic, self-motivated individual who is able to meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified (CCAB) accountant or finalist with strong academic record
- Experience of management or financial accounting in a complex organisation;
- Commercial, audit, and public sector experience welcome;
- Have excellent technical accounting knowledge and an understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Be an excellent communicator; with the ability to influence senior decision makers;
- Have a proven track record delivering complex projects;
In line with our promise to encourage more women into senior roles at L&Q, whilst all applications will be judged on merit, we would encourage applications from females, as women are underrepresented at senior levels within L&Q.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.
Have excellent computer, financial systems and analytical skills including advance Excel, and financial reporting tools.