Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
25122744001, Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
What do we do?
Amey Consulting are working on various projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, Crossrail, the national level crossing framework and multiple immunisation projects. We are predominantly involved in Network Rail GRIP stages 5 to 8 design and build projects however we also have a number of early GRIP schemes. Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer in either Birmingham, Derby or York. You will undertake production of Civil design as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, you will be involved with the Civil design team with the preparation and amendment of Civil design deliverables.
What would you do?
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the design process
- Ability to independently undertake design and assessment work for Civil and Structural design
- Engage in CDM/CSM/risk analyses
- Undertake designs to a level that complies with NR, RSSB and British standards
- Prepare design and assessment reports
- Prepare sketch mark ups for CAD technicians Have a basic understanding of BIM
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
- Actively contribute to site surveys
- Understand the interfaces between civil engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed. Ability to use Microstation 2D and 3D
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (e.g. BEng/MEng or equivalent) to satisfy the current entry requirements for CEng or IEng
- Completion of UK Spec / Engineering Council objectives for CEng / IEng status (or equivalent) and/or appropriate level of experience in a relevant area, confirmed using the authority to work process
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We are an equal opportunities employer and place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all our employees. We can also offer a flexible work week to suit a healthy work-life balance.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year, including cycle to work and interest-free season ticket loan. All employees are also able to participate in our community involvement day to volunteer and make a difference in their community.
As a multidisciplinary, design and build organisation you will have the opportunity to work closely alongside internal construction and test colleagues as well as other design disciplines.