Our Client, a UK based charity is seeking an experienced Compliance Manager, you will report to Head of Commercials and Operations Manager.
This role requires regular travel, locally and nationally. The roles can be based in the following locations, Belfast, Edinburgh, Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham, Cardiff, London (Barkingside) or Crawley.
You will be responsible for ensuring systems, services, processes, and products remain compliant. You will take responsibility for ensuring that the digital and technology team, as well as stakeholders, are aligned to the right frameworks and standards for compliance
- Work closely with the head of platform and standards, and the head of technology transformation, to ensure that the underpinning systems and architectures we implement meet expectations for compliance
- Work with the governance manager to ensure that new projects set and maintain appropriate controls
- Ensure departmental compliance with existing and emerging standards, in conjunction with senior leaders in the team
- Simplify and clarify existing processes, and make them as self-service as possible, so that teams and leaders know what is required up-front, and the risk of non-compliance is reduced
The ideal candidate must have:
- Demonstrable experience of managing compliance and certification (e.g. safeguarding, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials)
- Demonstrable experience of managing an organisation or complex business unit’s risk register, day-to-day maintenance, and risk reporting
- Demonstrable experience of running risk and compliance review, management and escalation processes
- Confident working with sensitive information in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities and managing a broad group of stakeholders
- Detailed understanding of legislative, financial and reputational risk and experience of putting in working practices to prevent and mitigate errors
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent numeracy skills