Project Manager - Flexible Working Available
Being the 'Best Bank for Customers' includes delivering a reliable and robust IT service. Our Next Generation Network (NGN) programme will be playing a major part in delivering on this commitment, by addressing the current contract to manage the Lloyds Banking Group network, which is up for renewal in 2020. This Network Service will target future proof, scalable, secure and highly resilient technology, whilst at the same time be cost effective, as we transform our wider estate, to deliver the Bank's strategic objectives.
This means we now have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Project Manager to join our NGN Programme team and by joining us, you will be assured of having a role which will provide vast opportunities for the right individual.
Intrigued to hear more about this exciting role?
You'll join the Programme team working on the finance work stream. This will involve both programme delivery costs and changes to the future network run costs.
This is a 2 - 4 year programme, initially managing the selection of vendors in the bid process through to implementing the transition and transformation phases of the programme to move to new technologies and solutions.
Achieving Lloyds Banking Group's vision of being the 'Best Bank for Customers' and meeting the Group's risk appetite, is dependent on each of our colleagues demonstrating our core value of 'putting customers first'. These play an important part in providing clarity on the behaviours we all need to display, to help us achieve our vision and to ensure that Lloyds Banking Group is a great place to work.
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague, you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
Does this sound like something you would like to be part of??
Here's a bit more detail about your role day-day…..
You'll be working with both internal resources and external vendors to deliver solutions which put the customer at the heart of everything we do. You'll be accountable for managing cost and benefits realisation requirements, with the agreement of senior stakeholders, for this large scale project.
With this, you'll also co-ordinate the preparation of information for the planning, budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring assigned business areas are aware of their performance and any variance from agreed targets.
- You'll support, or assume responsibility, for agreed change projects, coordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverables and continuous improvement, within the required time, cost and quality parameters
- You'll positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours
- You'll provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence business decisions which enables business area to gain a full understanding of the implications linked to their decisions
- A key element to the role is to establish and build relationships with stakeholders to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions and optimise business results
- In addition you'll obtain information from and deliver information to the programme, agreeing outputs and deliverables and identifying process enhancements to meet operational efficiency
- You'll be managing a high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching
- Finally you'll identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
What can you bring to this role?
You'll bring the following project management capabilities:
- Project Management
- Financial Strategy & Planning
- Risk, Compliance & Regulatory Management
- You'll have a finance background within a project management role
- You'll have the ability to track project financials and produce monthly reports, highlighting and being able to account for, any variances
- You'll bring your experience of financial management of project budgets, for large scale implementations
- You'll also have a strong understanding of the requirements for project standards and documentation including timelines, status/risk/issue reporting and communication, exception reporting and project sign off
- You'll have experience of building strong working relationships with and managing third party suppliers, contract staff, etc., working within a project
- Finally you'll have experience of using formal project methodologies and associated tools
What will you get in return?
We'll ensure you get real stretch, in a role you enjoy, whilst benefitting from an environment that supports its people and creates real equal opportunities.
You'll also benefit from a package that includes:
- A performance share bonus
- Car allowance
- Generous pension contribution
- Private health cover
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Share schemes
- 30 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shoppingSo if you have the background we're looking for and we sound like your ideal environment, then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…