Developer/Senior Developer - COBOL, JCL, DB2 - Flexible Working Available
3 days left
- Contract Type
As a Developer/Senior Developer, you’ll be required to understand and interpret technical specifications, and turn them into working code, using a mix of technologies.
Ideally, you’ll have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirements gathering, systems / business analysis and technical development.
About the Role
- Develop, test and implement code to the department and industry technical specifications and standards.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document and implement test plans.
- Produce timely documentation and ensure proposed solutions are fit for purpose.
- Work to plans / deadlines provided, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis, reports and business support as required
- Ensure that IT and business users are aligned at all times on the project aims and deliverables.
- Ensure issues raised by business users are appropriately evaluated, prioritised and resourced.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key business users.
- Proactively improve existing skills, taking on new technical skills as appropriate, and continuously seek to expand business knowledge.
- Work closely with other systems teams to improve cross-team resolution of issues, where appropriate.
There are flexible working options available for this role
Criteria Essential Technical Skills
• IBM DB2
Desirable Technical Skills
• General/Standard SQL
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!