Assistant Landscape Architect
25128506001, Assistant Landscape Architect
Amey consulting is seeking Assistant Landscape Architects to join its busy Belfast Office. This position would particularly suit a graduate with a couple of years’ experiences or someone with relevant professional experience in a similar role. You will be working with the design team on a variety of exciting projects across the UK.
Amey are one of the country’s leading public and regulated services providers: We are the faces behind the services you use every day. Our rapidly expanding team of Environment & Sustainability consultants deliver technical services, supporting our national and international clients to protect and enhance the environment.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for motivated, talented and enthusiastic Assistant Landscape Architects to join our multidisciplinary design team.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate innovative design ideas, LVIA experience with high quality presentation and excellent communication skills.
What will this role involve?
The role of the Assistant Landscape Architect will be to provide technical support to our Senior Landscape Architects. Keep up to date with industry best practice. Undertaking fieldwork and site walkovers. Working within a local team consisting of other environmentalists, design engineers and project managers. Working within a national environmental team and providing support where needed. Assist in preparing BOQs and associated contract documentation including specifications. Provide environmental/landscape advice for major highway construction projects.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking Assistant Landscape Architects who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders.
You’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Landscape Architecture or related discipline Licentiate
- Member of the Landscape Institute or willing to become a member
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Full working knowledge of Key software including KeyScape, AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch up/other 3-D Software and Microsoft Office.
- Able to prepare landscape and public realm designs and specifications that are appropriate to stages of work.
- Landscape Design, supporting project delivery, feasibility, detail design, contract documentation and site supervision.
- Proven knowledge of both hard and soft landscape design.
- Experience in undertaking Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments.
- Ability to work in an organised/ efficient manner and able to work within tight deadlines and budgets.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and dynamic approach to people and projects.
- Proven track record to demonstrate skills and qualifications.
- Interest in all areas of landscape design and assessment.
- Motivated, engaged and able to work alone or as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Full Clean driving Licence
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all Landscape Architects to gain a professional qualification through the Landscape Institute.
We offer full support and mentoring for those wishing to undertake the LI Pathway to Chartership, coupled with highly appropriate projects to hone their skills. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying for any of these roles, please attach the following with your application
- CV including two references
- Key work examples/portfolio as a pdf (<10Mb)