Water Civil & Flooding Engineer
Amey Consulting- Water
The Amey Water North (Scotland) Consultancy Design team is recruiting for a - Water Civil & Flooding Engineer to work in our dedicated Design and Build team currently delivering an expanding workload for our Scottish and UK clients. You will be involved in existing frameworks which will provide the opportunity to get involved in undertaking assessments in areas of flood management and modelling, river engineering, drainage, SUDS and associated Civil design, through the project lifecycle, i.e. from feasibility design through detailed design to construction. The position will be based in our office in the Gyle, Edinburgh.
The successful candidates will be part of the wider Amey, UK and international, design consultancy family which provides a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. Amey are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK.
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be required to provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required
What will this role involve?
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and work with sub-contractors.
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take responsibility for the supervision of junior design team and modeller members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified, in relevant, Civil, Hydrology, Water Resources and/or Flood Management related studies.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng/IEng through ICE, or relevant equivalent professional qualification) or approaching achieving relevant professional qualification. Candidates with equivalent relevant experience will also be considered.
Technical skills & qualification
- Flood Risk and Drainage Impact Assessments
- Surface Water Management and Flood Risk Management Plans
- Hydrological studies and methodologies
- Infoworks CS/RS/ICM, 1D/2D hydraulic modelling, Windes, Flood Modeller, HecRas, SUDS design,
- Experience of feasibility outline and detailed designs
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
- Experience in working with Local Authorities, Transportation authorities, Water Authorities/Companies, Developers or Environment Agencies
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills and to produce reports in clear concise English
What makes this role unique?
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in a dynamic expanding Scottish based design consultancy team we have a strong culture of developing individuals to their full potential, This culture has been recognised by the current award of Investors in People Silver Status.
You will also have the opportunity to work with our own in-house construction team for projects at all stages from feasibility and optioneering, through to detailed design and construction support.
Amey Consulting- exceeding expectations
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life. Nowhere else offers quite the same combination of positive influences and experiences to help you be the better. By working with a family of specialist, market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment, you'll see how their thinking influences yours and vice versa.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.