Manager - Performance and Development - LHR - Flyer
In a nutshell
Are you a considered coach, an inspiring leader and dynamic mentor? This is a great opportunity to Lead and engage our Senior level Crew Management community as Manager - Performance and Development from our Heathrow base. You'll have responsibility for ensuring we are the Most Loved Travel Company, role modelling a high performing culture and ultimately crew who deliver phenomenal memorable surprise and delight customer experiences.
Day to day
- Play a key role in the promotion and selection process, identifying future talent within the team, ensuring a thorough understanding of the business vision.
- Ensure you champion highly motivated FSM's that drive NPS and engagement scores, this will be achieved by flying with your teams to truly understand and appreciate their challenges
- You have a passion for customer experience promoting VOC, customer retention and personalisation. Sharing and celebrating excellent customer service and performance
- Build strong relationships with teams using a range of channels including pre-flight briefings, flights, conference calls, grab and go sessions and discussion forums
- Continually identify areas of improvement for on-board procedures to support on-board key initiatives
- Are you creative, confident and comfortable to present to a diverse audience? You will have opportunity to work on bespoke projects driving efficiencies and excellence
- Cabin representative at the airport during any major incident, so a cool head under pressure is imperative
- Work with HR to ensure any issues are carried out in accordance with Company Policy Support, this will include complex investigations and disciplinaries
We are a fun and high energy group, so it's important you enjoy collaborative team-working, building strong relationships and delivering at pace in a diverse environment. You will use your initiative and agility to flex between priorities in the moment.
You will deliver positive and motivational leadership to our Cabin Crew, promoting strong employee engagement - role modelling our Values to truly be Amazing.
Your strong communication skills will assist you in crafting clear and concise messages, your community is a remote workforce so it is essential to share information through engaging platforms.
A broad airline operational knowledge will place you at an advantage, but this is not a pre-requisite.
So if you are a dedicated plate spinner, with the ability engage your teams and drive performance? What are you waiting for? We would love to see your application.
As this role will involve flying as a team member, our Crew requirements are that you will need an arm reach of 210cm and be able to brace with your feet flat on the floor whilst sitting in our jump seat which is 45cm from the floor (both of these will be checked at interview stage without shoes). Should you be successful you'll need to commit to undertaking a rigorous five week crew training programme.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.