Research Awards Officer - flexible Working Available
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Research Awards Officer, with a science background and strong attention to detail to join our clients Research team in London.
Position: Research Awards Officer
Location: London (office based)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa £31,299 per annum (including £3,299 inner London weighting)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 9 June 2019
Interview Date: 21 June 2019
The Research Awards Officer offers an ideal opportunity to join a diverse team making a real difference to stroke survivors.
Reporting to the Head of Research Awards, the Research Awards Officer will:
- Manage the varied portfolio of high quality research funded by organisation.
- Administer on-going research awards, develop new funding calls and manage the review process for new applications, ensuring that operational policies and quality standards are adhered to.
- Monitor the findings from research projects, support colleagues in the use of these for the organisation’s policy, fundraising, PR and support activities, and assist with dissemination activities.
With a professional attitude, the Research Award Officer will:
- Have a degree in a biological science subject.
- Be able to develop a good knowledge of stroke disease and treatment.
- Be an excellent team worker with a proven ability to manage a number of projects unsupervised.
- Be proficient with a range of IT systems and databases.
- Be tactful and diplomatic.
- Have a good understanding of research awards funding and management processes, and use this knowledge to effectively forge links within the stroke research community and provide an effective service to award holders and Research Awards Pool members.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. Our client offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Our client believes everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. They provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.