Senior PA - Commercial
Our Business Transactions Group is seeking a Senior PA to support a team of seven fee earners, including two partners. One partner leads the firm's Commercial practice. They are a commercial outsourcing and information technology specialist with over 20 years’ experience of large-scale domestic and international transactions who also leads our international AI and machine learning client team. The other partner is head of our telecommunications practice and has over 20 years' experience working in the telecommunications sector.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 talented lawyers in 24 locations. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it’s fundamental to our success.
We are delighted that our focussed strategy and open culture has also resulted in the firm being joint winners of Roll on Friday Firm of the Year 2018.
This is a full time, permanent position, based in our central London office, which is five minutes from St Paul's and Barbican underground station.
Working alongside three other PAs in this busy and friendly team, your main responsibilities will include:
- Playing an active role in managing and taking responsibility for the billing process, working closely with the matter managers and our finance team, attending meetings to discuss WIP/billing queries; tracking specific billing arrangements; collating and tracking various international counsel fees, preparing budget trackers, financial reports, billing status and client reports
- Taking detailed minutes in weekly team meetings and Partner meetings, keeping track of team capacity and circulating to Partners as appropriate. Drafting correspondence and communications, proof-reading various legal documents and emails
- Distributing Due Diligence Corporate work into the Commercial team, keeping various trackers up to date
- Supporting the team with all Business Development initiatives/marketing events suggested by the team; drafting, amending and finalising presentation and pitch documents. Be responsible for collating content for weekly newsletters, uploading to Vuture and circulating to specific sector groups. Ensure bi-weekly Consumer Law videos are filmed and amplified as appropriate
- Proactively manage mailboxes in terms of diary commitments and meeting room requirements; provide conference dial-in/Skype for Business/VC details where necessary; book appropriate venues for client lunches, dinners and drinks receptions
- Assist with the file opening and Client Due Diligence process; set up new matters, draft engagement letters
- Undertake administrative tasks including: the organisation of all travel arrangements; completion of expense reclaim forms; file management (filing, closing and arranging offsite storage of files); troubleshoot IT issues and escalate to IT ServiceDesk if necessary
- Deal with enquiries from clients, colleagues and third parties in a prompt and professional manner, providing an effective transfer of information
- Develop strong working relationships with staff and key clients in our UK and international offices, ensuring open and proactive communications at all times
- Provide support within the team (covering for other PA absences)
- Role model a 'can-do', positive work ethic; being decisive, responsible, and taking ownership of issues that arise
- Proactively identify opportunities, actively contribute and be involved in ad-hoc projects as given by the team
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of some (if not all) of the following applications is preferable: Chrome River, Elite Webview, InfoView and InterAction
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Exceptional time and performance management
- Highly organised and be able to prioritise work
- The ability to work with confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.