Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Compliance with and assistance in helping promote the Health and Safety policy.
- Provide support to the Project Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor and Managing Quantity Surveyor.
- Provide support and where appropriate mentoring to Graduate and other Quantity Surveyors.
- Contribution to the delivery of all confirmed project tasks and goals.
- Compliance with all company procedures and protocols.
- Assistance with the procurement of Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers.
- Contribution to the analysis of Sub-Contractors; Consultants and Suppliers tender returns.
- Assistance with and where appropriate the preparation of Orders with Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers and attend Part 2 meetings when possible.
- Subject to the prior approval of the Project Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor or Managing Quantity Surveyor and in accordance with company contractual arrangements, authorise payments in respect of interim and final applications for payment from Sub-Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers.
- Preparation, co-ordination and processing labour only payments.
- Contribution to the preparation if interim and final applications for payment on behalf of the company.
- Contribution to the preparation of internal cost and value reconciliation reports.
- Subject to the prior approval of the Project Quantity Surveyor and where appropriate the Senior Quantity Surveyor and Managing Quantity Surveyor value and agree Changes/Variations with the Employer.
- Maintenance of accurate records.
- Carry out building work take-offs, measurement and scheduling exercises and preparation of bills of quantities for the procurement and sub-letting processes.
- Assist with the preparation and responses to project level correspondence.
- Attend project and design related meetings when possible.
- Integrate and liaise with the site team.
General (All Staff)
- Undertake any reasonable duties expected of you.
- Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management.
- Carry out all work in accordance with health and safety and any other legal requirements.
- Embrace Fairness, Inclusion & Respect in line with the company’s strategy.
- Participate in team/business meetings as necessary.
- Participate and engage fully with the PDR process and constantly work to improve your individual, your team and the wider company performance.
- Follow and promote data protection principles in your own work and in your working environment.
This job description is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended to reflect the changing needs of the organisation.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
BSc in Quantity Surveying
4 Projects- Basic level
Excel 2016 Intermediate
Chartered member of RICS
Building Regulations (including Part B)