Commercial Finace Manager - Part-time & Flexible Working Available
Who we are
Care 4 Children is an organisation with social purpose that seeks to transform the lives of children and young people who have experienced complex trauma and abuse. Our approach is grounded in the lived experience of the children and young people we support and by valuing their contribution. As experts by experience, we ensure the services they receive are personal to them.
The commercial finance manager role is a newly created post, reporting to the finance director, but with exposure across the business to senior individuals. This is a unique opportunity for a qualified accountant who is looking for a commercial finance role, to join a fast paced and growing organisation, with social purpose. This could be an ideal first time move from practice for the right individual or may suit someone with commercial finance experience in industry who is seeking a part time role, or a step up from a more junior role. Our business has grown rapidly in the last 4 years, and continues to expand, offering the right candidate ample development opportunities, and this role will offer the successful candidate an opportunity for senior operational and board level exposure, and the chance to have a genuine impact on business strategy.
The successful candidate will have strong excel skills, including building financial models and use of excel for financial analysis. Experience in review and analysis of divisional financial performance would be an advantage. The role requires a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with strong commercial acumen and ability to work closely with non-financial colleagues to aid their understanding of the financial performance of their divisions, as well as partnering with senior business leaders on specific projects. Corporate finance experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Investment appraisal and production of investment memorandums for new property investments.
- Supporting new developments and large refurbishment/capex projects from a financial perspective, including cost monitoring and other commercial support as needed
- Support with identification of potential acquisition targets, approaching any identified targets and assisting the finance director and senior team with diligence, acquisition and integration of any identified acquisitions
- Supporting tender submissions, including pricing and also support with completion of tender paperwork alongside the business development team
- Liaison with our insurance brokers, including overseeing and supporting claims information provision, and overseeing the renewal process annually for all business insurances
- Supporting the annual budgeting process, including liaising with divisional leads, the board directors and other stakeholders to support the formulation of the strategy for the following year, and translating this into the forecast model, and assisting in the production of an annual budget detailed overview document for board sign off
- Supporting on-going cashflow forecasting and monitoring - Analysis of the monthly management accounts, including identifying and investigating trends and adverse variances and supporting the business leaders in managing costs accordingly
- Production of weekly KPIs - Support with provision of information and analysis to our investors as required
- Bank management information and covenant compliance reporting
- Assistance with specific projects from a commercial finance perspective, providing accurate analysis to aid commercial decision making
- Providing support to the finance director and wider senior team from a commercial finance perspective
-Accountancy qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Strong excel skills
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to write reports and presentations, incorporating financial analysis and information
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial results
- Variance analysis
- Working with budget holders and business stakeholders
- Ability to use Powerpoint and Word for presentations and reports
What we can offer you
We recognise that our success is based upon employing the best calibre individuals and employee benefits include a competitive rate of pay, pension scheme, Simply Health cash plan and employee share equity scheme. You will be based in our modern refurbished offices in Bredbury, Stockport, with easy motorway access, parking and access to our on site gym.