Amey Consulting- Scotland
Our Edinburgh and Glasgow design hubs provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. We deliver projects right across Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes.
As experts in our field, we are focused on technical excellence. We provide a supportive environment in which to develop the knowledge and skills of our staff to ensure careers thrive.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are recruiting for candidates with a background within Roads Design, Structures Design or Traffic and Transportation engineering to provide support within a design team to ensure:
- compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client's specifications
- Project requirements and are fully met.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
- Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
What are we looking for?
- 2 years post graduate experience working towards professional qualifications (CEng/IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE) status having completed some of the necessary training requirements
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads
- Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines
- Demonstrable experience in Roads or Structures or Traffic and Transportation
- Working knowledge of Cycle by Design, Roads for All and Sustrans Design documents
- Good CAD, roads design /traffic modelling skills
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that technically sound design solutions are produced, including all associated reporting and cost estimating, to programme and within budget and ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards.