Building Services Manager
Due to recent success and growth in the Manchester region, Lendlease Construction is seeking to recruit a Building Services Manager. Our portfolio in the region is looking strong with such projects as the major Town Hall refurbishment and restoration, St Johns Neighbourhood development, and Manchester New Square.
The Building Services Manager will be responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of assigned MEP works packages through pre-construction phases and construction delivery.
Job Purpose and Scope:
- To provide leadership, management and excellence, within a defined discipline. To ensure that the engineering services provided, are produced on time, to cost and to the standards required of Lendlease and associated stakeholders. To ensure that Lendlease and our associated stakeholders, receive the most appropriate engineering design solution, arising from the brief.
- Involvement in varied technically complex projects, which will be challenging, but from which you will derive great satisfaction, due to the detailed technical involvement. You will be working in an environment where your knowledge and management skills will be put to full effect.
- Your involvement will present direct contact with the decision makers within the business, offering technical knowledge, awareness, integration, guidance and advice.
- You will integrate in multi-disciplinary project teams, throughout the procurement and construction process. To set up, procure and direct the safe, efficient installation, completion and close out of the MEP services to the project needs and prescribed parameters within budget and within programme.
- To develop individual skill levels and to assist in the development of other team members.
- To conduct due diligence design audits, active risk management implementation and demonstrate value creation of third party designs.
- To give guidance and advice towards building services and associated technical information particular to specific projects.
- Maintain relationships with the aim of securing repeat business with end users, clients, professional services consultants and supply chain members.
- Participate in the preparation of project bids and proposals.
- To represent Lendlease at tender interviews, presentations and industry seminars.
- Set up packages of information to enable potential sub contractors to tender bids for the MEP works.
- Arrange pre tender, tender and post tender interviews with potential sub contractors to ensure that they fully understand the scope of their works and to give them the opportunity to present their ideas, contributions and commitment to the project and to IIF.
- Analyse the returned bids with the commercial team and select the sub contractor who displays the best understanding of the project requirements, the best value engineering, the best commitment to the project and whose bid is most competitive.
- Repeat the above process for the selection of the temporary site services sub contractor to ensure the site is properly set up in regard to programme, welfare, lighting, power, security and safety.
- Arrange procurement of the Statutory Services for new supplies or diversions of existing supplies as required.
- Constantly monitor the progress of the Statutory Services to ensure that they deliver on time.
- Direct and assist the nominated sub contractors to carry out their works in compliance with the LL's requirements / specifications and any other stakeholders within the constraints of the contract programme and in a safe manner.
- Hold regular progress meetings with the sub contractors to see where they may be falling behind, why and what measures can be taken to resolve delays.
- Set up and monitor the commissioning and witnessing process to ensure that all systems are signed of as complete and in compliance with the client's requirements by a representative of the client.
- To set up control and record the snagging and de snagging process to ensure practical
- Oversee the timely compilation and production of the Operation and Maintenance Manuals / Safety file to ensure hand over of the completed project to the client.
- Participate in the delivery of the Company's strategic imperatives in terms of safety, innovation, technical excellence and professionalism, both internally and externally.
- Active involvement with the Company's learning initiatives and workshops, via the Community of Practice forum.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Established experience of procurement and delivery of medium to large scale MEP building services works packages.
- Experience working in the capacity of a building services manager or MEP manager for a recognised main contractor or specialist sub-contractor.
- Experience working on complex and technically challening construction projects.
- A commitment to the Incident Injury Free safety culture
- To be able to motivate colleagues and reports to deliver work excellence
- To be able to demonstrate to sub contractors that you know their trade as well as your own
- To be able to draw on experience and innovation to solve problems as they occur
- To be able to recognise potential problems and plan ahead
- To know the systems and procedures that need to be in place and executed