Quantity Surveyor- Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Rail & Electrification Business Unit for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor.
The Quantity Surveyor will maintain commercial information to the contract, satisfying the needs of both the customer and Morgan Sindall in terms of reporting contract commercial performance.
Ideally this role would suit an ambitious, driven individual whom embraces the challenge of working within a high performing team. Experience of the Infrastructure industry would be advantageous.
Read more about our Rail work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/rail
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline)
- RICS accredited
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting
- Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast
- Previous experience with COINS
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision
- Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
About the Project:
Werrington Grade Separation Junction - circa £150m
One of the worst bottlenecks on the East Coast main line is the junction at Werrington, near Peterborough.
Currently, slow moving freight trains using the Stamford lines and the Great Northern Great Eastern lines need to cross over three lines of the East Coast main line, causing high speed passenger trains to have to slow down. This multimillion pound investment will mean freight trains no longer need to do this but will instead dive under the East Coast main line.
Morgan Sindall is designing and building a new two-track railway line, more than 3km in length, under the East Coast Main Line at the Werrington Junction that will enable high-speed trains to pass over the Great Northern Great Eastern Line. Existing Stamford Lines will be widened to the west to create four tracks. The central pair of tracks will then dive into a new underpass, below the ECML, and rise to meet the GNGE line approximately 600m after.
Site investigations are well underway and Morgan Sindall is currently taking the GRIP 4 Design through to GRIP 5. Main site works are planned from late Summer 2018 until completion in Spring 2021.