Senior Construction Manager
We are looking for a Senior Construction Manager with residential fit out experience to contribute to the provision of knowledge in the implementation of project engineering operations, and / or on-site engineering services to ensure the delivery of construction projects within the agreed timeframe and budgetary parameters.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related technical discipline, combined with an advanced knowledge of role.
- Experience in a project or site engineering role and undertaking complex and high-volume business projects, and/or expert knowledge of construction and property development industries, and engineering project management principles, with an in-depth understanding of engineering and site management principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills to facilitate decision making, influence and build relationships with key stakeholders, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Perform project engineering activities which may include feasibility studies, instructions, specifications and the achievement of time and cost objectives to complete assigned projects in accordance with agreed parameters.
- Coordinate the preparation of construction reports, contracts and schedules, which may involve managing tender and contract documentation, ensuring proper review in accordance with quality assurance procedures and in compliance with applicable standards, may prepare reports and documentation (e.g. plans) to deliver technical and expert information, provide input to inform decision making.
- Monitor and review engineering activities, plans and equipment and maintain current knowledge of complex technical, policy and labour developments, recommending changes to ensure quality delivery of engineering projects.
- Monitor work progress, proactively identifying and rectifying problems and/or non-conformances, escalating as appropriate and providing expert input and/or recommendations to ensure all issues are appropriately addressed in a prompt manner and risks are minimised.
- Maintain current knowledge and keep abreast of current developments and trends, ensuring site management and execution of construction projects in accordance with best practice industry standards and in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders which may include engineers, technicians, site supervisors and contractors.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and support to team members through training and feedback to encourage and develop internal capabilities and to ensure that team members are adequately resourced to perform.