Commercial Operations Manager - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
An exciting opportunity for a Commercial Operations Manager has arisen with a Company in an exciting growth stage! This position will be based at the businesses brand-new Head Office in Port Solent Marina. Salary range is £40k-45k per annum depending on experience plus benefits. There is scope for flexible working.
This newly created role is with the UK’s leading Marine Science Technology Distributor. The successful candidate will be commercially astute, organised, analytical and detail focused, with the confidence and communication skills to manage a small team.
The Commercial Operations Manager will work very closely with the Managing Director, who has managed the Company through an exciting period of 90% growth over the past 3 years and continues to focus on strategic growth and sales leadership. This role is being recruited to enable the Company to continue to scale it’s systems and sustainably grow in a high-growth sector. The role is part of the Management team for the business and involves lots of contact with colleagues across all business functions.
You will be numerate and trustworthy, and capable of taking a deep dive into different business functions, including finance, facilities, logistics and sales operations. You will be assisted by external outsourced ICT, finance and HR support.
· Accountability and oversight for all central operational activities of the business, including facilities, resources and finance.
· Commercial operational optimisation, including deep dives into processes, margins and workflows, plus project management of larger sales or service team projects (supported by technical experts within the business).
· Oversight and maintenance of contracts / agreements with our suppliers, partners, service providers and customers, including contract / project management of the more complicated sales and service orders.
· Management of facilities (office and workshop) including utilities (mostly provided by the landlord) and ICT systems, supported by our retained external ICT partner.
· Maintaining and renewing all company insurances
· HR day-to-day operations including contract management and salaries – payroll & HR services are largely outsourced.
· General finance management & oversight, with support from the bookkeeper and our external finance director. Key here is a good understanding of the P&L and a clear understanding of commercial and financial activities and risk.
· Managing staff, including the Logistics & Compliance Executive (shipping and procedures / ISO administrator) and a part time Bookkeeper.
· Inquisitive, keen to learn.
· An efficient and effective worker.
· A completer / finisher committed to seeing tasks through.
· Highest level of integrity and reliability.
· Good natured; a positive member of the team.
· High level communication skills, able to adapt to different situations.
· Confident with technology; hardware, software and databases.
· Highly numerate and analytical, with excellent attention to detail.
· Proven commercial operations experience, including facilities, finance and processes.
· An interest in the underwater world and/or The Blue Economy
· Business/Engineering/Tech related degree
· Finance or accountancy qualifications preferred, (though not essential)
· Staff / team management experience
· International business experience
This could be a full or part-time role for the right candidate, with flexible working available. Benefits include 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, free onsite parking and a contemporary office environment in a beautiful marina location.
If you believe you have the experience, drive and commitment for this fantastic role and Company, we would really like to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and covering letter.