Support Coordinator - Part Time
We’re looking for an innovative, passionate and professional Support Worker with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to join our Stroke Association Service in Sutton, working with stroke survivors supported by the Community Therapies team.
Position: Stroke Association Support Coordinator
Location: Sutton (office base in Croydon)
Hours: 14 hours per week
Salary: circa £9,900 per annum (including £700 outer London weighting)
Contract: Permanent (our services are contracted; we currently have funding for this contract until 31 March 2020 when we would be aiming for renewal)
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Cycle2Work scheme, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Interview Date: 15 July 2019 or 17 July 2019
Reporting to the Stroke Association Support Manager, the Stroke Association Support Coordinator will:
- Support stroke survivors and their carers from hospital into the community.
- Provide personalised information, advice and support.
- Provide regular reviews to support people in establishing and achieving their own personal goals.
- Recruit, train and manage a team of volunteers that will support the service.
- Facilitate Peer Support Groups for stroke survivors, enabling them to transition to Stroke Association Voluntary Group (SAVG) for long term support
The Support Coordinator is likely to have:
- A background in a health or caring profession, ideally with experience of supporting people with disabilities and stroke.
- Excellent IT skills and a strong understanding of how to use data to improve quality.
- A flexible approach to your role, this is essential.
Appreciating much of this role will be spent visiting people in Sutton; we offer a Make You Week Work for You and Those We Serve benefit which, in agreement with your line manager, offers the flexibility to work from home alongside being based from our Croydon office. Service time and expenses will be claimed within the service area where you work which will be discussed further at interview.
The use of a car with business use cover and the ability to drive is desirable but not essential to be able to fulfil the requirements of the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. We offer a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Stroke Association. Rebuilding lives after stroke.
We believe everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. We provide specialist support, fund critical research and campaign to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join our team.
You may also have experience as a Support Worker, Support Coordinator, Stroke Support, Stroke, Care Worker, Care Liaison, Care Coordinator.