We are looking for a proactive and data driven individual to join our MOJ Projects contract team in our Buckshaw office near Preston. Reporting into the Principal Commercial Manager you will assist the Commercial Team in carrying out their normal commercial and contractual duties, assisting the operational management team as required, in complying with the Amey Values and ensuring maximum recovery of all contractual entitlement.
As Commercial Assistant your responsibilities will involve:
- Assisting the Commercial Team in the management of the project works to deliver contractual entitlement and to support the necessary activities to provide accurate cost capture
- Support the management of subcontractors as required
- Ensure all data captured is fed back into the business to inform future bids
- Support the Commercial Team in exercising full cost control of Projects in conjunction with the Commercial Manager as directed
- Assist in producing monthly and weekly cost and value data to support the Commercial team in production of forecasts to completion of the projects
- Assist the Commercial Team in submitting applications for payment to the client, subcontractor applications for payment requests and other additional contractual requirements.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate should have experience within a Commercial or Quantity Surveyor role, ideally within the FM or Construction industries. A relevant degree qualification or accreditation is desirable but not mandatory. You must be competent in computer skills to a high level with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products particularly in Excel and Word.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.