Activate Provisioning Engineer
We are looking for an Activate Provisioning Engineer to join our Virgin Media Business team (VMB) in our Hook office.
Working in a friendly and supportive fast-paced environment, you’ll be tasked on the performance of provisioning activity for new and existing Ethernet Services to include move, add, cease, amendment and testing of provisioned solutions to meet pre-defined Quality of Service standards. This role requires excellent attention to detail with all administration, superb time management skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders whilst retaining high levels of service all round.
• Carry out testing of end-to-end customer Ethernet circuits in collaboration with field support engineers
• Provide support for basic and complex provisioning for Ethernet services to agreed service levels.
• Assure provisioning is carried out to agreed network standards and conventions
• Escalate technical issues to internal support groups.
• Allocation of network resources for customer services
• Perform basic and complex network provisioning tasks and maintain the integrity of network records and databases
• Ensure all local works instructions are kept up to date in line with current provisioning standards as governed by core engineering groups
• Provide ad-hoc reporting as required by department manager
• Work closely with cross-divisional peers to review working practices and performance with a view to improving processes, procedures and general levels of service that ensure operational effectiveness ultimately engendering a “continuous improvement” culture
So what are we looking for?
• High degree of written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
• Proven ability to work to agreed project deadlines and achieve specific goals that incorporate quality standards.
• Good team-working skills and the ability to work unsupervised.
• Proven ability to manage fluctuating workloads effectively and optimise available resources.
“We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!