Pensions Administrator (3 Days a Week)
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients’ business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,300 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners.
The NMR Pension Fund is a hybrid arrangement with an open DC and a DB section closed to new members but open to future accrual. DB Fund AUM of around £900m. Administration is outsourced to third party providers. The Fund has an active Board with additional committees which focus on investment, governance and DC.
The small in-house team manage investments, accounts, cashflows and DB AVC providers as well as third party administrators. They deal directly with in-service members of the funds and are the first contact for many questions. They aim to deliver a first class service to members; helping members through their pension journey from joining the company to retirement. The team work closely with the Trustee as well as the Company, having a robust and comprehensive governance structure complying with the highest possible standards. The team focus on continuous improvement in delivery of all of the above.
Varied and challenging opportunity with wide-ranging responsibilities and the opportunity for flexible working.
- Assist in the general day to day administration.
- Manage annual tasks e.g. renewals, review of pensions in payment, reconciliation of DB AVCs.
- Attendance and input to governance committee meetings, including helping draft agendas, reviewing minutes, delivering and reporting on actions arising.
- Provide support and guidance to a junior administrator
- General support to the Pension Manager and the Head of Pensions
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to managing workloads.
- Communicate clearly be confident and pro-active.
- Experienced pensions administrator with a minimum of 3-4 years' (with either a pensions consultancy or in-house pension arrangement)
Our goal is to have a balanced, inclusive and flexible environment which enables all colleagues to achieve their personal and professional aspirations, and to ensure that Rothschild & Co provides longer term opportunities for talent.