Business Development Manager - Part Time
YouMed Ltd are a small but innovative company offering commercial consultancy services to international companies focusing on the UK healthcare market. YouMed specialise in the following clinical areas - Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine and Diagnostics.
As a Business Development Manager you will be the vital link between the companies we represent and healthcare professionals. You will build partnerships with healthcare professionals, demonstrating the value the products and services offer. This is a fantastic opportunity for a part time position within a rapidly growing organisation with further opportunities.
- Contacting potential customers, identifying their needs, persuading them to use our products or services, closing sales and providing an after-sale service.
- Develop an understanding of the relevant product and diseases area to facilitate detailed sales discussions with medical professionals.
- Build and maintain relationships with healthcare professionals.
- Keep up to date with any changes to the NHS.
- Plan and organise your own diary to achieve sales and activity targets set by the company.
- Initiate, organise and carry out sales presentations.
- Monitor and utilise all relevant promotional literature as part of the sales process
- A science degree is desirable but not essential OR Ideally a 2.1 degree - science not essential but preferred.
- Ideally applicants will have had some experience in a hospital environment (at an orthopaedic/vascular/general surgery level including theatre work).
- Medical Commercial Experience is essential.
- Applicants will need the knowledge to understand the devices that they are explaining to clients in order to handle discussions with clients about the use of the device in their surgeries. A medical background and sales experience is important.
- Evidence of achievement outside of your academic career.
- A good rapport, good planning and organisation skills and the ability to work with others.
- A real desire to challenge yourself to succeed and exceed targets.
The salary and benefits for this position are dependent on experience.
Location – YouMed Offices are based in Windsor but this role will be field based.
South of the UK preferred.