Senior Messaging Engineer
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Come and join Amey Group IT Technology department, where we the team are at the heart of the business transformation, standardising our IT offering, whilst developing and embedding a more digital approach. This is an exciting time of change for the business, where we are moving from an outsourced model to investing in our internal capability where you can truly make a difference
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Messaging Engineer to join our Messaging team. We are looking for someone who has lots of experience in support and administration of Office 365. As Amey runs a Federated Hybrid Environment the candidate also requires experience supporting an Exchange on-prem environment, preferably Exchange 2013 and also experience managing AD & AADConnect
The key purpose of this role is to provide 3rd line support to the other members of the team and also to Amey in general. The candidate will also be involved in the design and implementation of projects to improve the Messaging environment and will also be involved in other Projects from Amey that touch the Messaging environment. In addition, you will also take responsibility for the investigation of complaints, subject data access requests and confidential activities to source messaging content.
What will this role involve?
- Maintaining the health of the Office 365 environment and keeping abreast of new features being released from Microsoft to improve the landscape.
- Running reports when required by the business, either via the inbuilt reporting in Office 365 or Building PowerShell scripts to achieve the results.
- Responding to any security related issues, such as Spam or Malware infected mail, phishing attacks etc. and manage Amey's security Posture.
- Resolve any issues related to the Hybrid Environment
- Manage and Support the AADConnect environment.
- Upgrading Amey's On-Prem environment when required i.e. Exchange, AADConnect
- Design and Implement new features or technology to improve the Messaging & Security environment, and also be involved in other Projects from the Business that include Messaging as part of the design.
- Be a 3rd line resource for the Messaging Team and for the Amey Business.
What are we looking for?
- Expert in the complete Office 365 Application Stack, considerable experience supporting Office 365/Azure within a large, complex, multi site organisation
- Solid Experience in Support & Administration of Exchange 2013 (Exchange 2007 nice to have)
- Experience required in AD and AADConnect i.e. installing, configuring, upgrading AADConnect, Creating Custom Sync Rules etc. and resolving Sync issues between AD and Office 365
- Solid experience in Azure
- Experience in Troubleshooting Office ProPlus apps, in particular Outlook
- Change Management Process
- Experience in Design & Implementation of New Features or Services in Office 365 / Azure
- Advanced PowerShell Skills
- MCSA Certification
- Experience of working effectively and positively in a busy, pressurised environment.
- Demonstrates ability to meet targets.
- Analytical & Problem Solving
- Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates a Can Do attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels in the business.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition, you will be entitled to company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.