Water Technician Apprentice
Water Network Technician Apprentice
We are looking to offer an excellent opportunity to kick start your career within the Water Industry.
You will complete the Water Process Technician (CABWI Level 3) diploma through a combined learning approach, gaining hands on practical experience, classroom training and undertake additional training specific to the role and the client (Severn Trent) network.
You will have the opportunity to work within an experienced operational team and assist the team in the following activities:
- Assist the team in carrying out various admin/practical tasks like daily drivers checks
- Carry out onsite risk assessment
- Support in the assessment and analysis of the network performance measures e.g. water pressure, flows and leakage
- Investigate and identify resolutions to network performance issues
- Apply procedures and control measures to the network to minimise the risk of supply interruptions to customers
- Maintain network, equipment and systems including pumps and control valves
- Use technical knowledge to operate electronic location equipment to identify and locate underground cables
- Undertake valve operations on water networks in accordance with operations and maintenance procedures
- Carry out valve operations giving due consideration to impact on customers, ensuring continuity of supply and minimising water quality problems
Why work for Amey?
We provide services to almost everyone in the UK including important utilities like water, gas and electricity to your home. We design, manage and maintain the infrastructure that matters to all our customers.
We believe that by Putting People First, service, efficiency and quality will follow simply because people feel valued and will want to stay and do well.
It is our ambition to create an environment, where our teams feel supported to perform to the best of their abilities. We work hard to be an active and responsible member of the communities we serve and we extend these initiatives to our employees, including:
- Volunteering Days
- Charitable Donations and Sponsorship
- The Duke of Edinburgh Gold Business Award Program is open to all Amey Apprentices
- Employee Assistant Programme offers you free confidential advice and support
- Local Mental Health First Aiders
- Save with Amey Schemes
We understand that everyone is unique, and one size does not fit all, that's why we have a benefits package that seeks to meet everyone's needs and lifestyle. Our choices programme allows you to opt for a selection of lifestyle benefits, where you can save money through our discounted rates including: gym membership, giving to charity, cycle to work scheme, car choices, health cash plan.
What are we looking for?
What are we looking for?
- An understanding and commitment to health, safety, quality and environmental aspects and the ability to follow procedures
- Organisational skills and time management skills to coordinate both the practical work and study elements of the programme
- Good communication skills. You will need to apply this internally and externally working within the community and dealing with the public whilst on-site
- A desire to actively participate in team responsibilities and provide positive input
- A proactive, responsible and can-do attitude is a must
- Willingness to travel, driving license is required
Please note, candidates will be asked to attend an assessment centre on 16th and 17th July 2019.