Part Time Analyst - working from home
The Team - Tulchan Communications
Founded in 2000, Tulchan Communications is a specialist corporate and financial communications advisor. Ranked amongst the top 20 PR advisors in Asia Pacific by Mergermarket in 2018, we specialise in advising companies on building and maintaining their reputation within the Capital Markets, acting as trusted advisor to over 70 companies across a wide spectrum of sectors in both Asia and Europe. Our offering comprises media relations, investor relations, transaction communications, internal communications, and crisis/issues communications. In Singapore, we are a dedicated team with extensive industry experience working with local and international companies across the region.
Briefcase News is a subsidiary of Tulchan which provides real-time, 24-hour media monitoring of the business environment to the internal team and clients. We produce 60-word summaries of relevant business news, helping our clients get up to speed with developing corporate stories quickly and accurately. We pride ourselves on producing high-quality content under extreme time pressure: our summaries are written within 15 minutes of news breaking.
This role will require you to monitor the media (UK) and capital markets in relation to clients and their peers, and the general macro-economics which may impact business. The following types of flexibility is possible: flexible hours, working from home, compressed hours. The busiest period of the day tends to be the morning, between 7am and 12pm, this is when the full-time analysts will need support. You will be expected to be available during these times, Monday to Friday. Hours may be reduced in the summer months when it is quiet. Once fully trained, you will be expected to work in the office once a month, otherwise this position can be based at home.
- Monitor and analyse the UK business media, newswires and regulatory service for clients and their peers as a service to the client teams
- Curate content from worldwide publications to form daily briefings on news headlines, political views and financial commentary.
- On results days, track media coverage, compile intra-day wraps analyst sentiment and share price movement for clients to keep them informed
- Set up a thorough system of alerts and searches to pick up breaking stories at the earliest opportunity
- Provide media monitoring support to client teams during transactions and crisis situations as required
- Liaise with the Singapore sub-Editor and London Editor to agree the correct content for each client app to ensure client satisfaction
Required Skills and Behaviours:
- A good Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from any discipline or relevant experience
- Excellent English language communication skills (verbal and written)
- Clear, concise and accurate writing skills
- Interested in financial communications and business
- Ability to develop good knowledge of clients’ strategic objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines