IT Service Technology Risk Specialist - Flexible Working Available
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
Our brands, our services and our business span every aspect of banking and finance, including some of the biggest names on the UK's high streets. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first - and achieve our vision of becoming the best bank for customers.
In COO Business Risk we help to deliver the Group's vision by executing day to day risk, control and monitoring related activities, focusing on Operational, Compliance and Conduct Risk. We are a first line of defence control function, responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective control framework, ensuring each business area is measuring, monitoring and controlling risks within their areas of accountability.
A key part of how we keep the Group safe is by embedding a strong risk and control culture across the business. Within COO Business Risk you'll engage at a number of levels across a mix of teams to evaluate the inherent and residual risk position of various functions and processes across the Group. You'll need to be able to adapt and respond to new risks and heightened regulatory interest in areas such as IT Resilience, Cyber Security, Codes of Conduct etc. as changes are implemented or issues identified.
As an IT Service Technology Risk Specialist you'll:
- Prepare and interpret risk management output, with insight and information from multiple sources, making recommendations to support action when delivering inputs to senior stakeholders to support with influencing decisions and behaviours in assigned business areas.
- Build trusted and transparent relationships within COO Business Risk, facilitating the identification and proactive management of risks and controls.
- Support the formulation of a forward view of digital technology risk based on future aspiration.
- Evaluate controls effectiveness and review key business activities, reviewing results to provide reliable, assessment of risk management and agree management actions with senior IT/business stakeholders to address issues highlighted. Identify and progress opportunities to improve/enhance the delivery of mitigating controls and risk remediation.
Having an background in IT Risk, you'll need to have considerable experience in undertaking complex reviews in terms of scale, scope and specialism, with the ability to validate any risks in an accurate and fully represented way in the risk landscape.
You'll have a diverse and mixed skillset, with a knowledge and understanding of (including but not limited to):
- Infrastructure Technologies - Middleware/Storage/Networks/Mainframes
- IT resilience
- Cloud Services
- Suppliers management/governance processes and outsourced 3rd party systems
- Management of IT Incidents/Problems/Changes
- Experience supporting live service material events
You'll also need to demonstrate an understanding of industry standards, controls frameworks (e.g. COBIT), IT technology landscape and key IT risk areas.
A strong proven ability to create and deliver high quality outputs, articulating clearly the technical risks/issues in a clear and concise business language for use at senior executive level or by external parties (e.g. Regulators, Risk Committees) is also essential.
In return, as a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity. Plus earlier this year, Lloyds Banking Group was recognised by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 companies where people in the UK want to work.
So join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, including performance-related bonus, car allowance, private health cover, share schemes and a generous pension contribution, along with the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of industry leading benefits.
We support the principles of agile working and will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
The role can be based in Halifax, London, Bristol, Manchester or Edinburgh.
Together we make it possible - join us and you'll be part of an organisation that values your contribution and empowers you to make a difference.