Finance Officer – UK Airports
Hours: Full time, Mon – Fri 09.00 – 17.30
Location: London Heathrow Airport, T3
Closes: 16th July 2019
We reserve the right to close the application window early should we receive a high volume of interest in this vacancy.
In a nutshell
Do you have an eye for detail and do you love a spreadsheet? This is a new role to provide a comprehensive and professional financial service to the UK Airports Management team. You will ensure all invoicing, budgets and financial obligations are managed and processed in a consistent, compliant & efficient manner. Can you provide in-depth analysis of key operational budgets and data giving insight and valued commentary? Read on for full details.
Day to day
- You will be the focal point for UK Airports Management Team to ensure financial targets are achieved by maintaining an agreed level of internal control
- You will develop and implement agreed processes with all partners to improve services, you will have autonomy to truly make this role your own
- Promote a professional image of the company and coordinate communications by providing a consistent point of contact for internal and external customers ensuring a high level of customer service
- It's not all about numbers, you will also build strong and beneficial relationships with finance partners at VHQ and non-finance partners at UK airports
- Although based at Heathrow you will also be flexible to travel between UK airport offices to attend regular finance meetings - its all about networking
- Participate in training and development activities intended to build skills
- Maintain a good knowledge level of current trends and developments
- Prepare and provide regular, accurate and agreed financial status reports, matching budgets, costs, invoices and payments on time
- Identification of better practice options and work to put improvement plans in place
- Coordination & communication with other business support areas to ensure effective planning and response
- You will identify and anticipate challenges and to plan for them
- Providing data and presentations you are a key support in assisting the management team, along with Procurement & Finance Business Partner, during supplier QBRs
- Cross functional collaboration with relevant departments in order to perform trend analysis and reviews
In a fast-paced environment you will thrive on working your initiative. With excellent social and communication skills you effortlessly tailor your approach to fit your audience. You will also have:
- Strong customer service skills
- A great sense of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to gather and assimilate information quickly and communicate findings in a clear and concise manner
- Business insight & commercial awareness
- Well-organised and absolute attention to detail
- Strong IT and analytical skills - proficient with excel
- Confident to challenge current practices
Sound interesting? We would love to see your application.
We recognise the value you add to our dynamic company. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits to help you enjoy life to the full, including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic destinations. Of course you can also take advantage of discounts on our amazing Virgin Holidays hotels. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes and life assurance. You can even self select whats important to you through our benefits portal. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be Yourself - Our Differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs.