Data Architect - Flexible Working Available
Do you believe that data holds the key to success? Are you a master in the art of data architecture? Can you help your colleagues to realise what they need by making things simple? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Data Architect, you will create and maintain a data architecture that meets regulatory and compliance requirements for Metro Bank, whilst enabling us to manage data in line with architecture principles. You will efficiently design data structures that your colleagues across the Bank can own, in a way that meets business needs and allows us to continue to surprise and delight our customers.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Head of Architecture in developing and maintaining data architecture strategy and roadmaps
• Understanding business requirements and drivers in order to establish the logical data definitions
• Working closely with colleagues to understand and deliver the agreed strategic outcomes for data architecture
• Creating data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives, as well as creating and maintain the enterprise data dictionary
• Acting as a data architecture design authority to make sure that all data models are fit for purpose, implementable, complete and meet the current and future needs of architecture
• Providing feedback regarding methodologies, standards and leading practices
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• A strong background in data architecture, data modeling and data definition and currently be working in a similar role, in a forward thinking and fast paced business
• Extensive experience of delivering flexible, reliable, supportable logical and physical data models, for an enterprise that supports internal and external systems
• Already have a good understanding of industry standards and best practice techniques to build and maintain data models, along with knowing the advantages and disadvantages of enterprise data models
• Excellent at working with complex data structures and data models to recommend key business focused data architecture, and able to simplifying complex messages
• Able to take accountability and be credible, with a proven capability to drive, govern and support implementation
• You will need to have relevant Microsoft and ITIL qualifications
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!