Store Manager - Cardiff - Flexible Working Available
Are you passionate and committed to delivering amazing customer service? ... Then come and join the Revolution!
At Metro Bank we are looking for talented, entrepreneurial Store Managers who display outstanding qualities that are in keeping with our values of providing genuinely professional and amazing customer service alongside a strong emphasis on effective teamwork, professional management and inspirational leadership.
Within your role you will take every opportunity to turn a potential customer into a fan!
With ambitious growth targets and a plan to open 100 Stores by 2020, we offer a truly unique opportunity and a potentially fast paced and exciting career.
It is essential that you have a proven track record in retail banking store/branch management with a strong record in team management and development as well as solid financial products knowledge and razor sharp commercial awareness.
Your responsibilities will include: ensuring your team delivers outstanding customer service, managing and delivering your store business plan and budget and building strong relationships with local businesses.
You will reinforce all operational processes and risk and compliance procedures and take responsibility for complaints handling and resolution. You'll need to be able to balance building amazing relationships with your customers with outstanding attention to detail - we are a bank after all!
In return we will make sure that you're well rewarded, we'll give you full training and great support that you need to perform your role, with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, non-contributory pension scheme, and bonus scheme.
This is what the job will involve:
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Creating fans by delivering an amazing customer service each and every day
- Have full operational responsibility of running the store
- Building relationships with the local community and businesses
- Managing the Assistant Store Managers, and having overall responsibility for the entire Store team of Cashiers and Customer Service Representatives
- Participating in events (including Kids Rock, Dogs Rule, Grand Openings, Metro Money Zone)
- Supporting colleagues in busier periods with account opening, store standards and greeting
- Have previous management experience within retail banking, managing teams of 15+ FTE
- Will have been involved with the strategic development of a brand
- Will be very comfortable dealing with any people management queries
- Own full operational accountability for the Store
- Display communication skills that are second to none
- Must be 100% flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the 7 days Metro Bank are open (including Saturdays and Sundays)
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!