Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
We’ve been a busy bunch, growing our network to include more homes and commercial premises than ever before. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a £3bn programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to millions of homes and businesses.
As we enter one of the most exciting times in our history we are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor that oozes our Virgin values and embraces the on-going ways of working within Liberty Global.
Why Virgin Media? We are the future. We understand our people, their lifestyles and we support them no matter what. We LOVE being different, thinking outside the box and being the best we can be, all the time.
What will you be doing?
With support from other team members, your duties will include:
- Cost management in support of the Build Managers and PMs
- Reviewing cost estimates/cost plans identifying levels of estimating uncertainty to allow effective setting, monitoring, forecasting and control of financial limits for projects
- Reviewing /approving or rejecting the contractor monthly Application for Payment
- Agreeing allowance/disallowance of the Compensation Events with Build Partners
- Preparing monthly commercial reports
- Producing final account assessments for internal approvals
- Updating schedule cost data sets
- Carrying out cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking as required
- Supporting the management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance
- Carrying out cost impact analysis of Change Requests
- Undertaking site measures of work completed
Are you right for the role?
So it’s the moment of truth, right? What are we looking for in the successful candidate?
- Must be able to demonstrate strong project cost management skills via experience and/or qualifications
- Hands on work experience in a similar environment would be desirable
- Willingness to learn
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options.
Virgin Media is part of Liberty Global, the world’s biggest cable company. We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade. Through four multi-award-winning services - Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV, Virgin Mobile and Virgin Phone - we help people access technology to build connections that really matter.
We are dedicated to nurturing an engaged workforce that represents the diversity of our customers and communities. Read more here.
Our benefits are your reward for being brilliant. They’re pretty darn spectacular. Just like our people. We’ve put together a package to help you love what you do, at work and at play. You will get 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, we provide a company funded Medical Plan as well as a Pension Plan where we will match every pound you put in, up to 10%. What's more you'll also benefit from discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands and many other perks on top.
You can find out about all benefits in full here.
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!