Firewall IT Manager - Flexible Working Available
A little bit about us and the role
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to Help Britain Prosper.
As part of the Network Technology team you'll be at the heart of all of IT for all of the groups systems and customers. As Firewall IT Manager, you'll lead the colleagues responsible for the implementation, currency, development and delivery, for some of the most critical security components. You'll also have run and operational responsibilities for these key services, allowing us to respond quickly to technical and security challenges. This role blends both technical aspects with line managerial responsibilities, providing challenging opportunities, where no two days are the same, promising variety day-day.
What will you be doing?
You'll be responsible for the delivery of project changes on to the firewall estate, ensuring smooth, first time success. You'll also be accountable for continuing operation of the firewall estate, planning and delivering preventative and remedial activities, including incident resolution and problem management.
In addition, you'll lead a geographically diverse shift based team, with the support of shift leads, to deliver business changes as well as service activities and service improvements.
Finally, you'll also provide the line manager with support for shift colleagues, managing a high performing team, developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching.
- Driving the forward view for upcoming project activities
- Shaping the daily change delivery portfolio
- Owning infrastructure and service improvement plans
- Supporting investigations into service incidents or ensuring problem management activities are progressing
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues within the team
- Acting as an escalation point and primary service contact for the team
What can you bring to this role?
- Technical capability and experience within an IT role. A networking or security background is desirable but not essential
- Experience leading a team towards a common goal, providing line management and coaching for colleagues is key
- Clear communication and stakeholder management - working to influence people outside your direct area and ensuring clarity across the wider IT community
- A can do, positive attitude, willing to try new things and be out of your comfort zone occasionally. The ability to flex styles to suit the requirements of the moment and have personal resilience to face into challenges is also highly desirable
What will you get in return?
As well as giving you exposure to some fascinating programmes and initiatives, you'll join a large organisation with many career paths available and true scope for growth and development.
Our culture brings together people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and creative environment, as well as genuine, equal opportunities.
We'll also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
- A performance share bonus
- Car allowance
- Generous pension contribution
- Private health cover
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Share schemes
- 30 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shopping
So if you have the background we're looking for and we sound like your ideal environment, then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…