Colleague Safety Advisor - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
The role and person
As Colleague Safety Advisor, you will own the colleague health & safety experience in your area, providing advisory services to colleagues and ensuring H&S arrangements are in place and effective.
This will be achieved through delivering colleague safety training programmes, supporting colleagues in your areas, investigating incidents and auditing to monitor and analyse the performance of the health and safety management system. You will use your initiative and networks to improve H&S awareness and ensure that we get it right first time, every time.
Day to day duties to include:
- Owning the colleague health & safety experience for your area; providing advisory services to colleagues and liaising with management teams to ensure health & safety arrangements are in place and effective.
- Being highly visible in our offices – you will know who your colleagues are and they will know who you are.
- Meaningfully engaging with colleagues in order to understand their needs and requirements.
- Working with the Health & Safety Change Manager and internal audit colleagues to develop an audit system that can be used to ensure that health & safety risks are controlled and customer and colleague safety is ensured.
- Auditing all aspects of safety to ensure that controls are effective and our colleagues and customers are safe, secure and well.
- Chairing local meetings to discuss health & safety issues, lessons learned and actions required.
- Using your initiative and networks to improve health & safety awareness and ensure that we get it right first time, every time.
- Bringing our values to life through all of your interactions with our colleagues.
- Assisting colleagues in understanding their responsibilities around health & safety and taking responsibility for your own health & safety; delivering training across your regions to improve health & safety understanding and awareness.
- Keeping up to date with legal and regulatory requirements and best practice through attending conferences and networking within and outside of the housing sector.
- Assisting the Health & Safety Change Manager in investigation of accidents and incidents and making recommendations where improvement action is required
The spot salary for this post is £30,844 per annum, pro rata, for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
Hours of work
17.5 - we are flexible on which days / how many hours on each day you work.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non pensionable)
- 28 days paid holiday (pro rata) per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
Apply for Colleague Safety Advisor - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly