Business Intelligence Developer - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
Willmott Dixon is looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our busy in-house application services team. We are looking for somebody with full SQL stack experience (SSIS / SSAS / SSRS). Experience with Power BI would be preferable but is not essential. The key responsibilities / objectives of a Business Intelligence Developer will include: -
- To integrate fully into a project team and work with project stakeholders on gathering BI requirements to deliver high quality and accurate analysis to our business
- Build on our existing data platform to integrate new requirements and scale out the data platform following best practice
- To offer an holistic view of data across the Willmott Dixon estate and give guidance to improve data visibility and quality
- To understand and offer improvements to application and reporting database structure when required
- Structure data models to support the analysis required by the business
- To have experience in and to understand BI products, methods and processes (preference for Power BI and SSRS or Business Objects, but not essential)
- Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with internal and external project stakeholders
- Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all project timescales and managers expectations
- Collaborate with the Digital Business Partner in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of Business Intelligence
- Carry out all assignments and projects in a manner that adheres to and complies to application services processes
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Delivery of technical projects.
- Business Objects / Power BI / SSRS or other BI Product
- SQL server Management Studio
- MS BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- Relational dB's theory
- Knowledge of views/stored procedures/functions
- Understanding business documentation
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications and plans.
- Possessing a good range of general IT knowledge
- Direct experience of the software development lifecycle.
- Efficient and sustainable use of all project resources.
- Working within a matrix management structure.
- Supply Chain ManagementAbility to work as part of a team
- Managing conflicting priorities between stakeholders
- Proactively liaising with staff in non Technical manner.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
Qualifications and Membership
- Degree qualified in Computing or related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- ISEB Testing Techniques
- ITIL Foundation
- Prince 2 Foundation
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.