Test Engineer - Tideways
Amey are the people behind the public services you use every day - from roads, railways and schools to waste disposal, airports or the energy and water you use in your home; nearly every person in the UK will benefit from at least one Amey service each day.
Tideway is building the Thames Tideway Tunnel - London's new super sewar! This key project is focused on upgrading London's sewer system to cope with its growing population. The 25km tunnel will intercept, store and ultimately transfer sewage waste away from the River Thames.
Tideway has appointed Amey as its System Integrator Contractor (SIC) to take responsibility for the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the The London Tideway Tunnels Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (LTT SCADA) System including workstations, servers and software, Telemetry panels and SCADA at MWC Worksites, Telecommunication networks to transfer data between the Worksites and the LTT SCADA system and undertaking planned and reactive maintenance activities for ICA and SCADA materials and software during the Caretaker Period.
What is the purpose of this role?
Working within the Tideway Test & Commissioning team the successful candidate will be to demonstrate a good level of technical competency and will be responsible for the Development / Production of Test Documentation with full requirements traceability through design to user requirements, with duties including:
- Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the production/execution of testing activities
- Ensure activities delivered in accordance with Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, customer requirements and Amey system design requirements
- Understanding of requirements management principles
- Production of test procedures and day to day test execution from the Initial Hardware Inspection through to the completion of Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) for customer acceptance and Pre-Commissioning Site Testing
- Test reporting, evaluation and concluding of test results
- Carry out verification and validation testing in accordance with the detailed design and works information requirements
What will this role involve?
The list below is not exhaustive, nor will individuals be expected to be able to undertake all of them. They are given as a guide as to the expected duties of the grade.
- Interfacing with the project team members, to gain approval of test procedures
- Be a key stakeholder in the of the Factory Test Environments
- Writing and execution of Test Specifications including:
- Execute test procedures (according to test plan and project schedule)
- Record results of test execution
- Raise/investigate/verify defects
- Maintain agreed quality target/standards
- Escalate issues to the Test & Commissioning Manager where necessary
- Provide status reports to the Test & Commissioning Manager
- Accurately report work progress and estimates to complete against work packages assigned by line manager
- Investigates problems in the field or with the systems documentation
- Keep abreast of technical development both within and outside of the company
What are we looking for?
- The Test & Commissioning Engineers are the testing focal point for the System Engineering process and are part of the resolution of all issues, problems, questions and conflicts in the entire SCADA system. This requires frequent handling of new and unusual issues; therefore a proven record of working in a Test Engineering environment is required.
- The post holder should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written word. A good outward appearance, self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital.
- The success of the Test & Commissioning process relies on the interaction of its engineers at all levels, therefore evidence of team working is required.
- Be prepared to travel to Tideway sites as and when required
- Experience in testing, particularly related to one or both of the following:
- Interface Testing
- Integration Testing
- Regression Testing
- Security Testing
- Automated Test Tools