Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme.
In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to work and develop within a forward-thinking team, that produce management information to help make business decisions and improve processes.
The purpose of this role is to extract, analyse and deliver HR Data to the wider business, whilst helping maintain the HR systems used by Amey (principally SAP). The role will form part of a team that produces both regular and ad-hoc data and management information for senior management and other stakeholders. The chosen candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing the companies Power BI platform - this will involve obtaining, visualising and analysing new data sources, working closely with senior stakeholders to implement changes, improving existing reporting and maintaining row level security.
What will this role involve?
- Building, running and analysing reports from SAP and other systems
- Data collection and visualisation from a variety of in-house systems and third-party sources
- Gather, organise, summarise and analyse a variety of raw data sets identifying patterns or trends within the data sets
- Creating, maintaining and distributing dashboards/analytical tools (Excel/Power BI)
- Interpreting data, analysing results and utilising statistical techniques to analyse a wide variety of data
- Developing predictive analytic techniques
- Providing data in an easy to view and interpretable format
- Responsibility for maintenance of the HR Information Systems (HRIS)
- Provide support to the HR Service Centre and the business by resolving technical issues
- Working closely with stakeholders across the business to develop reporting
- Involvement in projects and providing supporting data sets to assist with process improvements
Collating regular and ad-hoc reporting packs for senior management and the wider business
What are we looking for?
Essential skills and experience:
- Advanced Excel Skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP's and other advanced techniques)
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills with ability to take responsibility for own workload
· Experience of producing/building reports and analysing data
· Experience using report building tools such as Power BI
Desirable skills and experience:
· Knowledge of SAP and/or other HR systems (upskilling can be provided)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in involvement in improvement projects
· Experience with Excel Macros and VBA would be an advantage
· Experience using SQL
· Experience of troubleshooting system errors (upskilling can be provided)
- Consistently maintains the same high standard and work quality when working to deadlines
- Ability to manage a varied work load and adapt to a changing set of priorities and workload
- Excellent communication and interpretation skills required to make information and solutions relevant and understandable by different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders