Lendlease Commercial Managers (Quantity Surveyors) will be responsible for the financial and commercial management, from procurement through to final accounts, of assigned trade packages on their designated project. These packages could consist of large valued structures, envelope, fit out, building services to name a few of the packages our commercial manages will be responsible for. Depending on the size of the project a commercial manager may take responsibility of managing/supervising assistant commercial manager.
- Develop procurement strategy and procure the works in accordance with the cost plan and design information available
- Ensure that there are no scope gaps during procurement - that everything required for the project is bought and from the correct / appropriate source
- Perform tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Prepare contract documentation and negotiate contract terms to limit risk to the company
- Provide cost report information to internal and external clients to enable business and project objectives to be met
- Ensure that a change control procedure is in place to monitor design changes and control costs and follow procedure
- Issue and agree instructions / variations to trade contractors on a weekly basis
- Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are made in a timely manner
- Forecast and monitor cash flow to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained
- Prepare and monitor project/package risk schedules
- Handle any insurance claims arising on the project to successful conclusion
- Resolve any legal disputes arising in conjunction with the legal department
- Prepare and Agree final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the company makes a profit
- Produce cost analysis feedback / lessons learnt to the company for future works
- Manage all aspects of financial control for maximum benefit to the project
- Responsible for contributing to the establishment of a culture of incident and injury free operation on the project through personal example
- Ensures that all contracts are set up and managed throughout the life of the project, demonstrating an understanding of the design and construction processes
- Manages the procurement process, balancing quality, time and risk to achieve the best possible project outcomes
Essentials Skills and Experience required:
- Quantity Surveying Degree or Construction related degree.
- Holds or working towards RICS or CIOB.
- Experience of working for principle / main Contractor as a Commercial Manager or Quantity Surveyor
- Experience with tendering multiple subcontract works packages, medium to high value.
- Able to prepare subcontract documentation ready for engrossment by external parties
- Experience of advanced word-processing, Excel spreadsheet packages and fully conversant with BIW
- Good understanding of building technology / construction methods
- Ability to read drawings and construction design information
- Valuing interim applications
- Agreeing site variations
- Preparation of internal monthly cost reports / cost to complete forecasts
- Knowledge of measurement and valuation techniques.
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written