Senior Structural Engineer
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Bring your Structural Engineering expertise to Amey Consulting Property where practicality meets actuality. Gain further knowledge and experience working on our broad range of projects.
As a Senior Structural Engineer at Amey Consulting you will be part of a multidisciplinary design team involved in shaping design projects of the future, involved in interesting construction related projects on education & public buildings, MOD, MOJ schemes, etc. You will use your wealth of experience to ensure that a professional service is provided to our Clients.
What will this role involve?
The team are proud of their drive, technical excellence and customer focused delivery. Ensuring compliance with all relevant technical standards and HSEQ requirements. Furthermore, you will also be involved with the following aspects:
Providing technical support to Trafford Council in their duty to:
- Enforce relevant Safety of Sports Grounds Acts relating to sporting and non-sporting events at sports grounds in Trafford.
- Provide support relating to Special Events within Trafford;
- Process and issue Demolition Notices;
- Checking of structural calculations on Building Regulations applications;
- Inspections following reports of dangerous buildings (during both in-hours and out-of-hours) and involvement with issuing notices under the Building Act and liaising with legal representatives to resolve issues.
- The candidates need to be aware of requirement to be resident in the locality to enable a quick response to call outs.
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking individuals who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders. You'll also have:
- Degree qualified (relevant to the post);
- Chartered - Minimum requirement is Chartered Member of either Institution of Civil Engineers /Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Full UK Driving Licence;
- Experience of construction related projects in both new build and refurbishment;
- Able to work independently;
- Strong communication skills;
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite;
- Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent independent & teamwork skills;
- Significant experience in construction related projects;
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
- Client focussed approach to service delivery
What makes this role unique?
Our 3,000-strong team are ambitious, together we work hard to succeed both as individuals and as a business. We'll do everything we can to help you achieve your goals - whatever these may be - at every stage of your career. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions and practical thinking; We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It's what we are proud of, it's what sets us apart, it's part of our heritage and our future.