Social Media Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Fidelity has always placed great importance on creating a marketing edge and has a strong heritage in leading the industry in its approach to marketing. The UK Marketing Team is central to developing, planning and representing the channel communication strategy of the UK business, as well as providing the UK channels with distribution marketing support across its major customer segments.
The primary purpose of the team is to develop and deliver integrated marketing plans to support our UK business goals and strategy, ensuring we represent "One Fidelity" to our clients in the most compelling and appropriate manner - and our clients' needs back into Fidelity. This role is part of the UK Digital Marketing team, supporting the UK business channels.
The span of activity is broad as befits a leading marketing organisation and operates through-the-line, incorporating planning, broadcast marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing functions. Ongoing research and insight into our customers' needs, together with the evaluation of our marketing performance, is also integral to the team's structure.
Purpose of your role
Reporting to the Head of Social Media, the Social Media Specialist will be responsible for delivering Paid and organic social campaigns, always on content, and social programs and initiatives to support the performance of the digital and wider marketing team.
You'll join us at an exciting time of transition with Fidelity having recently moved to a new Tier 1 marketing automation system. Part of a small highly motivated team based in our Surrey office you will play a key role in creating and delivering an ambitious, but achievable, Social Media marketing plans.
You will be core to the implementation of our B2C & B2B social media marketing activity, covering three UK business lines. Knowledge of the social media marketing sector, best practice and optimisation including previous experience social media tools such as Hootsuite will be essential in helping deliver our social content.
- Experience developing and delivering paid and organic social campaigns
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn (YouTube, Facebook knowledge priority)
- Experience in a regulated or B2B industry
- Experience in community management
- Instagram experience
- Adobe analytics
- Comfortable with creative, writing and tracking
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Keen to learn
On a day to day basis you will be liaising with stakeholders regarding content, scheduling and reporting - plus making suggestions on how to improve content and targeting to deliver increments in key metrics such as engagement rate, reach and cost per conversion.
Through a sound understanding of the role of content in social media you'll help ensure the right content reaches the right people at the right time in an effort to convey open, clear and insightful online communications that drive greater levels of engagement. A good understanding of the asset management industry is desirable, although originating content is not a responsibility of the team.
Previous experience in social media, preferably in a regulated industry will be particularly helpful.
Through previous experience of Marketo, Hootsuite, Google and/or Adobe analytics you will be responsible for delivering accurate reporting of campaign data. The recommendations you make from the analysis and insight gleaned from Social Media performance will drive better engagement, more effective user journeys and ultimately conversions.
Overall Social Media Channel Strategy, Optimisation & Responsibility
- Implementation of our UK Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Increasing engagement levels of a Fidelity follower
Management & Optimisation Individual Social Media Channel Operations
- Responsibility for the delivery of social media campaigns
- Understanding of how Social Media supports integrated campaigns
- Ideation and recommendation to each business channel on how they can effectively utilise and optimise their social media marketing, Community Management / responding to engagement from our followers / liaising with Customer Services to help answer customer queries / complaints
Social Media Compliance & Data Protection
- Operating as a subject matter expert.
- Knowledgeable on UK Data Protection Acts
Social Media Metrics
- Understanding the process for monitoring and reporting social media effectiveness, engagement and business conversion results.
- Responding to results as appropriate to enhance the performance of social media campaigns.
- Keeping up to date with latest trends and industry knowledge, sharing relevant updates and best practice with the team.
Social Media Budget, Forecast & Agency collaboration
- Responsibility for managing budget for campaigns you've been assigned