Support Worker - Flexible Working Available
Our client is recruiting for motivated, enthusiastic and positive thinking Support Workers to join the team in a supported living service at Lyttleton Road in Northampton.
Salary: £16,816 - £19,088 pa (£8.74 - £9.92ph) + enhancements for Night Working
Hours: Full time & Part time hours available
Closing Date: 31st August 2019
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it’s a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
Our client is fully committed to working with people with learning disabilities to increase their independence and inclusion and to support people to maximise control over their lives. As a Support Worker you will provide physical and emotional support and health care of the highest standard, ensuring that respect, dignity and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Please note that due to the needs of the customers, there may be an element of moving and handling involved in the role; as such, you will need to be willing and able to undertake these duties.
You will be required to work on a shift basis over a 24-hour period including weekends, bank holidays and sleep- ins. A 33% bonus is paid for waking nights and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts.
You need to be able to demonstrate an understanding towards individuals who are experiencing great changes in their lives that may have learning difficulties, autism and some behaviours of concern.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, although not essential as full training will be provided. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities whilst further developing your social work skills and career. If you want to be a part of a successful team and share these values, then apply today!
Benefits included with the role of Support Worker include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.