What is the purpose of this role?
An opportunity to join an innovative and exciting strategic partnership established in 2014 with Staffordshire County Council. Our award winning Staffordshire Design Hub (SDH) leads on a full spectrum of infrastructure work and transport planning for the council and private clients (locally and nationally), while also playing a leading national role in asset management.
The SDH is collocated with Amey Highways and therefore offers a unique consultancy experience, whereby designers are often afforded the benefit of seeing their designs come to life on site and play a key role in administering significant and complex construction contracts.
The SDH also manages the fully integrated transport suite of projects for SCC, leads on technical approval of major and minor work applications, supports with planning applications and leads on third party bids to secure growth and deliver outcomes for the Partnership.
The Partnership continues to innovate and offer an exciting place to work, with the following highlight projects:
- Mill Green Outlet Village, off-site infrastructure construction and management
- Stafford Western Access Road (commences 2019)
- I54 Western Extension (commences 2019)
- Lichfield Southern Bypass (commences 2019)
- Bridge replacement schemes for National Rail
- Annual maintenance of carriageways and structures across Staffordshire
You will be responsible for supporting a Senior Engineer and delivering all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to a high quality.
You will comply with all relevant technical standards and play an important role in supporting the future vision, promoting the right culture and supporting professional development and training for less experienced colleagues.
Maintain good relationships with all external stakeholders to enhance the reputation of the design team and the Infrastructure+ Partnership.
What makes this role unique?
- You will join an established award winning multi-disciplinary team
- Robust forward order book of exciting projects
- Opportunities for further growth in the region
- An account focussed on delivering projects from inception to completion
What will this role involve?
- Supporting a programme of challenging highway works
- Support with continued growth of the account, building and maintaining strong relationships with developers and other prospective clients.
- Design and implement effective, value for money and innovative design solutions to meet technical and wider project requirements
- Liaise with clients (both internal and external) and ensure their requirements are effectively communicated to the wider team / account
- Production of engineering designs, calculations, and technical reports
- Assist with forecasting and monitoring of financial performance for your projects
- Preparation of tender documents and scheme cost estimates
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations
- Assist with project / resource planning and programming
- Effective management and response of project related correspondence
- Assist in the implementation of contract administration for NEC3 contracts
What are we looking for?
- A professionally qualified (or working towards) civil engineer
- Post-qualification experience in highway design and management
- Knowledge & experience of relevant highways technical standards
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety Legislation and CDM Regulations
- A strong work ethic and a commitment for continuous improvement
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary design teams
- Client focused approach to service delivery
- Commercially minded with an ability to meet both internal and client expectations
- Ability to work within a team in a collaborative manner
Good communication skills dealing with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our 'Better Places' goal. We're a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.