An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced HSEQ Manager to support our FMDJ function at Amey. In this role you will be dedicated to maintaining contract deliverables for our Northampton Schools PFI contract providing facilities maintenance services across an estate of 42 schools supporting 17,000 pupils.
As HSEQ Manager you will be responsible for auditing, reviewing and reporting on all contract processed and procedures in line with Health & Safety and Quality guidelines and best practice. You will ensure that all procedures embrace our ethos of customer service excellence, and target zero safety culture, as well as maintaining our ISO accreditations in line with current versions.
This hands-on role will provide a varied working day for an experienced and knowledgeable HSEQ expert. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Monitor the company's adherence to industry specific best practice and legislation
- Conduct regular Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Develop business improvement processes
- Report as necessary on any changes in regulatory matters and business standards
- Maintain the company Quality Log and provision of statistical analysis on quality performance to report the Cost of Quality and identify improvement opportunities.
- Co-ordinate all health and safety matters to ensure the Northampton School PFI team complies with all legal requirements and minimise business risk
- Provide an advisory safety role to line and site management
- Undertake site safety and fire risk assessments and ensure all reporting is complete
- Promote Company Health & Safety initiatives and promote a positive culture
- Liaise with safety representatives and enforcement authorities as required
- Present health, safety & environment information to all new starters.
- Keep up to date with changes in the law
- Ensure local procedures meet the requirements of Schedule 1 of the Authorities requirements and are in line with current ISO standards.
- Maintain and develop the existing Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) in respect of accredited practices.
- Regularly check for updates on company policies and ensure that these are cascaded and are known within the team.
- Identify and appoint process owners.
- Draft and manage an annual audit plan, with feedback, action lists and follow up audits (plan, do check, act). Maintain the COSHH register and act as Contract COSHH Co coordinator.
What are we looking for?
This role would suit a proactive and methodical HSEQ Manager with demonstrable previous experience within an HSEQ function, supporting a relevant business area. You should be a team player with excellent communication skills across all levels and via different mediums.
Key requirements include:
- Experience of ISO standard and managing information management systems.
- Health & Safety qualification(s)
- Membership of recognised Professional body (BSI, CQI)
- Experience of quality assurance standards and their maintenance
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- PC literate with good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have an understanding or experience of working on multi sites
- Have good communication and presentation skills
- Able to coach and train others
- Self-motivated and creative
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better