Senior Design Manager - Flexible Working Available
4 days left
- Contract Type
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We are currently recruiting for a talented, motivated and ambitious Senior Design Managerwithin our Nuclear Energy and Water Sector based in our Rugby head office.
This growing part of the business is delivering some of the countries critical infrastructure and this role is part of the wider remit of using our resources effectively, removing inefficiencies and governance.
The primary purpose of the role is to lead the technical design teams as part of large civil construction works in the Nuclear | Energy | Water sectors. Lead the design review, provide technical advice and ensure that interfaces between contracts are resolved. You will also ensure that the designs delivered meet customer requirements for the contracts. You will need to be proactive in identifying and resolving potential issues and need to help facilitate the successful delivery of the contracts within the sectors.
- Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners and suppliers at bid and delivery stages
- Manage and coordinate safely the overall design process through the RIBA design stages challenging the brief and bringing innovation and continuous improvements benefits to the projects at bid and delivery stages
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages
- Involvement with ‘design strategy’ and approach
- Set-up and agree design management regime with the design team
- Ensure adherence to the design brief/scope of service and develop a comprehensive scope of service for key stages of project
- Programme and manage all design reviews and coordination meetings
- Ensure that fully coordinated design programmes are produced that integrate with the agreed project programme and that the programmes are regularly monitored for progress and updates
- Monitor progress against programme, and report to the project team
- Establish the need for and input into design reviews
- Ensure that design is developed in line with commercial and construction requirements and the cost plan budget allowances
- Coordinate the activities of the design team, contractors and statutory bodies (for example local authority planners and building control/HSE) in line with programme critical dates
- Coordinate change control system and ensure changes are accounted for, authorised and implemented, as necessary, with the project manager and customer
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.