Security Team Manager
Security Team Manager
Salary: £40,000 & Shift Allowance, performance related bonus, individual medical cover and other excellent Gatwick rewards and benefits
Our payslip is only part of the package
To become the most efficient single runway airport in the world, Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. The Operation is a critical part of our business. Daily interaction with passengers, stakeholders and staff creates a fast paced, energised and diverse environment.
We have a newly created position which is core to our operational success. This role will be focused on engaging with team members, leading by example as a professional and inspiring leader, and utilising a motivational coaching approach to ensure all individuals want to work together and deliver an excellent customer experience.
This leadership role is present in a number of areas of the GAL Operation with specific additional functional accountabilities dependent on the department.
The Security Team Manager (also known as Front Line Leader) is a critical role providing leadership and management across our operation. As a Security Team Manager you will be responsible for enabling teams of operational employees to deliver in a challenging yet fun environment. The Security Team Manager will support team members making sure they feel valued whether completing individual or group tasks.
Do you have what we are looking for?
Are you able to demonstrate fairness and consistency, leading your people by example and ensuring everyone is delivering together?
Are you a great coach and mentor? The Front Line leader is a coaching role so you will need to use the best tools and techniques to develop your teams skills, knowledge and behaviours that in turn will support the success of Gatwick Airport.
Do you have proven experience of working in a leadership role with strong people management skills?
Can you share your experience to inspire and motivate teams to deliver in a fast paced environment where health and safety and staff wellbeing are at the centre of the business?
The role involves line management of a team of approx. 20 security officers
Are you able to meet the expectations as below:
- The role will involve shift working - this could be 12 hours (0600-1800hrs day and night shift working 7 days a week) or up to 12 hours (with start times from 0245hrs onwards; finishing up to and including 2300hrs).
- The role includes bank holiday and weekend working
- The role will be Passenger facing - we expect our teams to deliver outstanding passenger experience to everyone who chooses to fly from Gatwick Airport
- The role is Security critical - you will be leading people within a highly regulated environment and motivating teams to deliver effective aviation security, keeping our passengers and stakeholders safe and secure
- You will be required to successfully complete formal security training (Ground Security Operative and Supervisory levels) and demonstrate a commitment to ongoing personal development
- You have physically lived in the UK for the last 3 years. If you have lived in any one country (other than the UK) for more than 6 months in the last 5 years, you will be required to obtain and provide a criminal record check from each country.
- You will need to demonstrate that you have full colour vision.
Full details of the role requirements are in the attached role profile.
What will we give you in return?
As an organisation we will give you our commitment to providing you with the support, space and time to drive high performing teams.
You will also be enrolled in a 1 year development programme based around the 6 key leadership behaviours deemed critical for this role.
Excited? Apply now…