Principal Bid Manager
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement.
You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
As a result of an exciting period of growth an opportunity exists for an experienced Bid Manager to join our expanding Facilities Management, Defence and Justice (FMDJ) bidding and sales team at Amey.
Reporting into the Head of Bidding you will be responsible for shaping and leading the bid process on complex bids; developing strategy, defining and managing budgets and resourcing. You will also support on business development activity and pipeline management where appropriate.
Bids may cover a range of FMDJ capabilities including:
infrastructure and asset management, facilities management, complex support services.
Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long Negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5mpa through to £150mpa. Bid stages to support include Soft Market Tests (working with Business Development colleagues), Expressions of Interest, PQQ, ITT/ITN, ISOS/ISDS, BAFO as well as closedown and handover to the mobilisation/delivery team.
- Attending customer / bid events or site visits
- Preparing the bid programme and schedule of deliverables including setting key meeting dates.
- Preparing win plans and other documentation for presentation by you to BU executives and steering groups.
- Identifying and tasking bid team members and bid reviewers.
- Leading kick-off and progress meetings either in person or by conference call with bid team members.
- Leading or facilitating workshops to develop win themes, the commercial strategy or elements of our technical solution.
- Overseeing bid progress against programme.
- Meeting with partners and supply chain to develop a coherent solution to meet client requirements.
- Leading cost and quality reviews.
- Writing or rewriting a section.
- Looking for and crafting good evidence and case studies.
- Training and mentoring others on bid process or bidding best practice.
- Leading the handover of your winning bid to the delivery team.
- Leading a bid wash-up so lessons learnt can be brought forward to the next bid.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate should have previous experience in bid management within a Facilities Management and/or Defence environment. Further requirements include:
- Experience of the bid process in a fast paced environment, able to work across different sectors.
- Experience of leading and winning medium value and complexity bids.
- Knowledge and understanding of public (and private) sector bid requirements.
- Experience of keeping track of multiple, complex, time-phased activities.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation.
- Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and balancing risk with reward.
- Strong project management and application of processes and knowledge to achieve objectives.
- Able to facilitate meetings/workshops to develop winning solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to build high performing teams.
- Creative, with an enquiring mind.
- Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement.
- Desire to see job through from start to finish.
- Able to leverage Business Unit and Amey-wide strengths through networking.
- Team player, keen to help others to achieve.